Fundraising events are a popular form of fundraising. While they can be great money makers for an organization, they can also be time consuming and expensive. The success of events depends on careful planning. Major components that you must incorporate into your event plan:
1. Purpose: Figuring out the details for your event will depend on knowing what goals you are trying to achieve.
2. Fundraising Goal: The amount you choose should be what you hope to net, that is, the amount you plan to rais after expenses are deducted.
3. Budget: Be sure to leave a little extra room in your budget for unforeseen costs.
4. Leadership: The host committee is generally composed of wealthy donors, business leaders, or local celebrities integral to ensuring that you reach your fundraising goals.
5. Target Audience: You must decide whom you will invite to your event.
6. Set – Up: Your event staff should plan the event set-up well in advance.
7. Marketing: Draw up an entire marketing plan for the event.
8. Sales: You must decide whether there will be different contribution levels for the event.
9. Practice: While you probably won’t need a full run-through of your event, it is essential that everyone who is working ahead of time.